KoH Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

necromancers builds and play styles :)

2 posters

Go down

necromancers builds and play styles :) Empty necromancers builds and play styles :)

Post  hades etrus(menios) Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 am

Hey guys i thought about having a forum where we can discuss our fantastic profession so we can improve our play and let new necros in our guild learn faster and better this wonderful profession XD
so ill get back to u guys with my build and my ideas of how i think necro is played.
hades etrus(menios)
hades etrus(menios)

Back to top Go down

necromancers builds and play styles :) Empty My build

Post  hades etrus(menios) Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 am

This build ill show u, focuses on wells, aoe (area of effect) damage and does gr8 damage with dots! also it can support group too!
-weapons
For weapons i use sceptre/dagger and staff.
*scepter/dagger*
#blood curse= stacks bleeding and poison
#grasping dead= dmg plus bleeding and cripple (great to flee for multiple targets)
#feast of corruption=thats the only burst dmg this build has! (hit it when u have stacked some conditions for more dmg)
#deathly swarms= great spell inflicting dmg blind and transfers conditions up to 3 targets
#enfeebling blood= aoe dmg plus stucks weakness and bleeding
*Staff*
#Necrotic grasp= does dmg and also creates life force. gives combo finisher
#Mark of blood=aoe dmg stucks bleeding and gives regeneration to allies
#Chillblains=aoe dmg and gives chilled and poison. also gives combo "poison"
#Putrid mark=GREAT aoe dmg! and gives combo "blast"
#Reapers mark= does aoe dmg and also aoe fears. good for when u enemies get to close to u.
P.S. i mostly use staff when im dealing with big groups.

#Healing

Well of Blood: This is great for dynamic events, dungeons, and small group play. It has great burst healing for yourself along with some added healing for the group. This will also provide Combo Field: Light.

Consume Conditions: Alternatively you can use this if you're playing solo as it has better burst healing for yourself. I also use this in dungeons that spam conditions like TA or AC.

#utility skills

Well of Suffering: Does great DoT in an AoE along with applying vulnerability to allow you and your group to do more damage. You'll want to use this on cooldown. This also has Combo Field: Dark.

Well of Darkness: This applies blind to all enemies in the circle every second for five seconds. Use this on cooldown especially on AoE packs.This has Combo Field: Dark. I recommend usually switching this out for solo play as well.

Well of Power: This will help your allies out by switching their conditions into boons. Great for dungeons. This has Combo Field: Dark. I recommend switching this out for solo play or in dungeons that don't apply a lot of conditions.

Well of Corruption: Use this if the dungeon has mobs that apply boons to themselves. This will turn their boons into conditions.

Epidemic: Use this for the best source of damage. This will copy all conditions on your target and spread them to enemies in a radius. This includes conditions applied by other players. You can essentially double all of your conditions in an AoE.

For Solo play I'll swap out Well of Darkness/Well of Power for Blood is Power and Epidemic.

#Elite

Plague: Great utility overall. This elite spell will help out during AoE packs more than you'd believe. You can spam blind, build up bleeds, or weakness. If you pulled an extra pack or perhaps you're struggling with a pack using Plague and spamming blind while the rest of your group kills it can really make a pack easy.Alternatively you can use Lich Form for better single target damage/bosses, easily able to swap this out.

Now on the trait system i use is 20/30/10/10/0
#SPITE= i use spite cause it affects conditions and also i use the trait that when i get on death shroud i get stucks of might.(reapers might) and with the second one i increase my dmg with marks.(spitefull marks)
#CURSES=This is needed for your damage output. Gives critical hits chance to apply bleed, increases bleed duration(II), and makes your wells ground target-able(IX).You have the option change slot (XI) more duration to (XII) if you want weakness
on crits.
#DEATH MAGIC=This gives our wells the ability to cast protection to all allies in the AoE for 3 seconds.
#BLOOD MAGIC=This gives me some speed with dagger from (I)

-I give priority to condition dmg of course and then precision and toughness
-RUNES i like to use rune of the undead cause it gives condition dmg toughness and also gives 10%extra condition dmg from toughness
-SIGIL i use 30% to bleed on crit and the affliction one for more dmg.

Thanks for reading plz feel free to ask /correct me on anything and plz post some other builds cause i know i still have a lot to learn Smile
hades etrus(menios)
hades etrus(menios)

Back to top Go down

necromancers builds and play styles :) Empty Re: necromancers builds and play styles :)

Post  Alchemical Menace Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 am

I know this reply is about two months late.

Undead is definitely a solid rune choice for a necro, but have you considered 3 superior runes of the krait + 3 superior runes of the afflicted?

You get slightly less condition damage, but 30% more bleed duration is extremely awesome on a necro.
With that 30%, it becomes more reasonable to consider swapping out the afflicted sigil for a sigil of accuracy. More crit is always good!

You didn't mention consumables either... Just in case, I will mention the incredibly awesome Rare Veggie Pizza and Tuning Crystals. Both offer a huge amount of power.

Of course, I know everyone has their preferences. Just food for thought.
Alchemical Menace
Alchemical Menace

Back to top Go down

necromancers builds and play styles :) Empty Re: necromancers builds and play styles :)

Post  hades etrus(menios) Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 am

Finally someone replied on this post heheh!!
these thing u say about more bleed duration are right! more bleed duration can give a necro a good advantage but i dont thing for me is the best to change to these runes because of the stats i use(precision/toughness/condition dmg)also more bleeding duration can help only in big fights and can be really a waste cause of the 25 cap for bleeding if u have more than 1 bleed stackers in group ! The thing is i already get from my trait line +50% bleed duration which for my opinion and experience is enough.if i loose this 5% extra condition dmg from toughness my ticks will drop by 15 dmg and total since i can keep easily 15 stacks of bleed 225 dps just from dots.
*about food i like to use bowl of tropical mousse +100 tough and + 70 cond dmg and master tuning crystal which gives u 6% of toughness becomes cond dmg and 10% of vit becomes cond dmg.
*Now on sigil, well i ve been thinking of changing the sigil of corruption(sorry for afflicted on previews post confused from wow hhehe) cause i started doing more wvw and it doesnt help a lot if u cant stay alive for long! A sigil of accuracy can be good not because of the dmg it gives since accuracy doesnt effect dots but it helps the trait barbed precision and it can go well with a sigil that can give bleed on crit.
i hope more replies will come on these posts i love to discuss about necros XD and tnx menace for posting! i would like to hear from u again for all this XD
hades etrus(menios)
hades etrus(menios)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum