Log in

I forgot my password


Guild orginsation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guild orginsation

Post  Madness Given Form on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Greetings.

This is just a Idea that I have and would like to put forth to the leadership. The reasoning for this is because there are somethings that I see that we could improve on and I am just trying to give ideas that may help out.

#1 Structure.
Is there a post of the leadership Tree? Is there a leadership tree? (tree,graph, ladder, or list?)

#2 My Idea....

List it like:

Founder The boss and they have 2 Lieutenants, one for World vs World and another for Player Vs Environment.
WvW Leader This leader's job is to coordinate and schedule rough time frames in which the guild will participate in WvW to get the Maximum presence of our guild on WvW. It is also this persons Job to promote their scheduling in guild chat and the guild message board. (I am thinking of like twice a week at a time that would be good for the leadership team)
PvE Leader This persons job is to coordinate and schedule rough times frames in which the guild will do events such as the dragons major bosses and events that require large number of players to show up. It is also this persons Job to promote their scheduling in guild chat and the guild message board. (I am thinking of like twice a week at a time that would be good for the leadership team)

My reasoning is that with 4 events a week we promote activity and interest in the guild and in our fellow players. With these our leaders can schedule when to build buffs so that the maximum number of players receive the intended buffs.

My intent of this is simply to start the conversation and see where it goes from there.

#3 Culling
Just like a overly long friends list I think it is appropriate that the leadership team establish a time limit on inactivity and should a person not log in ( I hope the game keeps track of if...) for a extended period of time, I think its appropriate that the leadership team kicks them out. This is intended to raise moral for those who do play frequently to note that the leadership is looking for active members and not just bodies to fill a slot.

#4 Donations
I recommend that once a month the leadership team do a donation drive on chat and in the forums to see how much gold can be raised for the leadership team for a given project... (WvW fights can get expensive to name one.) note that I recommend that the hat only be passed once a month... other wise you can burn people out.


food for thought.
MGF
avatar
Madness Given Form

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild orginsation

Post  Acharis on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:01 am

Thanks for your input MGF, really helpful, discuss it with the senior members see what they think Smile
At the moment, everything is casual, just hoping that people will have more time with holidays coming up. Everyone seems a bit busy

_________________
avatar
Acharis
Admin

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild orginsation

Post  hades etrus(menios) on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 pm

hey madness i see u have some really nice ideas in organisation! from day 1 i ve seen this guild growing! we see dedication from players, who want to achieve more and explore this world to the end! A good structure and organisation could give the boost that we need to become even greater.leaders should create events for guild members to be part of, and so can keep the interest of new players in guild to stay in KoH and represent( only players who represent KoH should take part in our events).
May i add to other roles in guild that may help? 1 could be the trial position where during that period we can check players how active they are how helpful can be and generally if they fit our cause Smile
And second perhaps a profession leader position where players who are really good in their profession can advise, help, instruct how new players can play their class and which is the best way to play their profession depending the role they will have in group events.

_________________
avatar
hades etrus(menios)

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-12-03
Age : 31
Location : darwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

YAY First Post

Post  Greystroke on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm


It's Gages for those that do not know!

I like these ideas. To answer one of Madness' questions about Culling: The guild roster doesn't track when the last time someone logged on. But, if they haven't been on since the most recent update, it will show their location as "Unknown."

I also like the individual leader suggestion for PVE and WvW. They are completely different things with different objectives and play styles.

I'm not sure about donations though or how it would work. Even with exotic armor, armor repairs are only 1s 64c per repair upon death in WvW. Completing one event is usually around 1s, which basically means that if you complete 2 events you have made money with 1 death.

I don't die very often in WvW, but I do in PVE/dungeons because Gages is reckless. tongue But, some advice if in WvW, stay with a group (big or small), try to stay with them. I notice that if I die in WvW, it is usually because I strayed too far from my group and got smashed by 10-20 people. I can usually run away from a few, but everyone gets overwhelmed at one point or another.

Also, defending towers/stonemist can be some really decent money - just an FYI. Last week, we survived about 40 stonemist attacks in one night, and it is 2/3 silver for every defense.

Time to leave work! Cya in game.

Greystroke
Admin

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild orginsation

Post  Madness Given Form on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Acharis wrote:Thanks for your input MGF, really helpful, discuss it with the senior members see what they think Smile
At the moment, everything is casual, just hoping that people will have more time with holidays coming up. Everyone seems a bit busy

I percive the guild in the same way and this is why I put the ideas forward because My (middle bro) just joined a guild (Np to my surprise) and says its nothing like how i describe KOH. Here we are all friends and nice where over there it seems cold and distant to new members.

hades etrus(menios) wrote:hey madness i see u have some really nice ideas in organisation! from day 1 i ve seen this guild growing! we see dedication from players, who want to achieve more and explore this world to the end! A good structure and organisation could give the boost that we need to become even greater.leaders should create events for guild members to be part of, and so can keep the interest of new players in guild to stay in KoH and represent( only players who represent KoH should take part in our events).
May i add to other roles in guild that may help? 1 could be the trial position where during that period we can check players how active they are how helpful can be and generally if they fit our cause Smile
And second perhaps a profession leader position where players who are really good in their profession can advise, help, instruct how new players can play their class and which is the best way to play their profession depending the role they will have in group events.

keep the ideas coming buddy!
Im not part of leadership so I cant make any changes but what we CAN do is give ideas to our leaders to think about on how to improve.

Greystroke wrote:
It's Gages for those that do not know!

I like these ideas. To answer one of Madness' questions about Culling: The guild roster doesn't track when the last time someone logged on. But, if they haven't been on since the most recent update, it will show their location as "Unknown."

I also like the individual leader suggestion for PVE and WvW. They are completely different things with different objectives and play styles.

I'm not sure about donations though or how it would work. Even with exotic armor, armor repairs are only 1s 64c per repair upon death in WvW. Completing one event is usually around 1s, which basically means that if you complete 2 events you have made money with 1 death.

I don't die very often in WvW, but I do in PVE/dungeons because Gages is reckless. tongue But, some advice if in WvW, stay with a group (big or small), try to stay with them. I notice that if I die in WvW, it is usually because I strayed too far from my group and got smashed by 10-20 people. I can usually run away from a few, but everyone gets overwhelmed at one point or another.

Also, defending towers/stonemist can be some really decent money - just an FYI. Last week, we survived about 40 stonemist attacks in one night, and it is 2/3 silver for every defense.

Time to leave work! Cya in game.

1st (culling) if it works that way then someone can just mark on a calender when each update happens and when 30 days pass and no update has taken place then we will know that all UNKNOWN players are inactive. (more food for thought.)

2nd Im not a expert on WvW but I thought things like siege golems are 2+ gold each and some of the other constructible items get pretty pricey when you start building multiple of them. Thats one way I thought that may get our guild attention.

3rd My thoughts on how donations would work is that you have 1 person appointed treasurer and everyone who wants to donate mail their donation to that person.

I hope my ramblings help out!
avatar
Madness Given Form

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild orginsation

Post  Greystroke on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 am

Hi Madness:

To answer your questions:

1) Culling, I'll leave that up to Grin and Acharis to decide how/when they want to trim the roster, but I see your point.

2) Siege can get pricey, but you can buy it with money or honor badges. Other ways to obtain siege is by doing the WvW jumping puzzles once a day. There are 4 puzzles, and you will receive 2 pieces of siege for each completion. That's 8 pieces of siege per character per day, so it can add up very fast. The only downsides to this is that siege is soulbound to the character that completed the puzzle and that you may encounter enemies in the puzzle. Right now, I have about 18 ballistas, 14 arrow carts, 4 alpha siege golems, 1 catapult, 5 trebuchets, etc. These are all from jumping puzzles.

I'm going to do a write up on WvW, so it will be more helpful. In the meantime, if you really want to learn more about WvW, the wiki is good (link provided):

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

3) I'm not sure we need a "treasurer". The guild bank has money in it, and can take deposits from anyone at any time. Not everyone can withdraw funds, but some have the option.

Let me know if questions.

Greystroke
Admin

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild orginsation

Post  Greystroke on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:24 am

I percive the guild in the same way and this is why I put the ideas forward because My (middle bro) just joined a guild (Np to my surprise) and says its nothing like how i describe KOH. Here we are all friends and nice where over there it seems cold and distant to new members.




I also read today that Np and Envy are leaving Ferg's Crossing for another server for WvW purposes. I also know that they use Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble for most of their communication, so that may be why they come across that way.

Greystroke
Admin

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild orginsation

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum